Clicky

Big Changes

Saturday, February 4, 2012

So as stated in the previous post, it's been a busy few months for us. January was no exception, and we decided to delay our next project until our niece arrived! (We live very close to the hospital while my parents lives 3 hours away, so we wanted them to be able to stay with us.) My brother Ansen and his wife Dri had their first child, Avelea Wren, on January 25th. Isn't she beautiful?


So now that she's here, it's time to get started on a BIG project - remodeling the guest bathroom! No more excuses. ;) We're both a little nervous as this is our first real renovation, but we're also very excited! By remodeling I don't mean just a few cosmetic updates. We're going to gut and redo the whole thing. Here are a few before pictures:




We decided to do this renovation first after we found cracks in the bottom of the tub. We want people to be able to use this bathroom without causing water damage. That, and it was one of the worst rooms in the house and I felt bad making guests use it. Our goal is to be done with the demo by the end of the weekend, so we'll see if we make it! More progress updates to come soon.

Finding #1: Water is a pain.
Finding #2: The more you demo, the more it smells. At least with a bathroom. Yuck. :(



2 comments:

Ashleigh Dean February 4, 2012 at 10:38 PM  

I just discovered your blog (I think via Andrew's facebook?) and I love it! I think it is so fun that you are sharing your house DIY projects. I can't wait to see what the bathroom looks like once it is done.

Ashleigh

Arielle Toburen February 5, 2012 at 10:41 AM  

Thanks, Ashleigh! I can't wait either!! ;)

Post a Comment